Dune pt 2

 I just watched Dune Part 2. Overall, not too bad. For someone who's never read the books, or seen the 2 previous iterations, they'll probably like it quite a bit. The good; The special effects were outstanding. I was impressed with the sets and how they shot the camera angles. The action was decent and the dialogue as well. Austin Butler did a good job of the psychotic Feyd, and Dave Batista was a perfect fit for Raban. The rest of the cast did fine too. In my opinion, all good picks.


The not-so-good; When a book is well written, and you've read it many times, you tend to cringe a bit when it's made into a movie. The Director always has HIS vision. That usually means he's going to change things around and make additions that were NOT in the book, as well as removing some that were. This happened in Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, much to their detriment. Back to Dune. I love Christopher Walken as an actor, but the emperor was more vigorous in the book, and I think the movie would have benefited from that. Also, why do so many movies feel the need for the girl-boss type? Chani in the book knew Paul's destiny and approved of it. She wasn't like Zendaya's Chani, or should I say Villeneuve's. It was disappointing to say the least.


All that said, I did enjoy the movie and will likely watch it again. I guess in some ways, I'm a bit of a purist. If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weep for the World

Because they are EVIL.

The New Salem Witch Hunt(s)