Apple Battery Controversy

 I like Tech. Ask anyone who knows me. I'm in the process of breaking my addiction to having the newest phones. I now have an Apple 14 Pro Max. I like the bigger screen but not the weight. Anyway, I've seen many videos and have read articles about people's battery health dropping. After some thought and reflection, I have a simple solution many apparently have missed. PUT THE PHONE DOWN!


Now, this, to me, is a societal problem. So many people are glued to their phone screens. They're always looking at something or playing some game. When I'm in a sit-down restaurant and I look at other tables, I see people looking at their phones rather than each other. This problem began with the advent of the smartphone era. It was bad enough when people were always texting on old-school phones, but now it's even worse. So, when you spend so much time on the phone you use up the battery. Then you charge it up and do it again. That uses battery cycles which, over time, causes degradation. Your phone's battery starts dying sooner. Every year people are having more screen-on time. PUT THE PHONE DOWN!


My last iPhone was the 13 Pro. After 15 months I still had 100% battery health. Why? I don't live on the thing. Of course, I'm older and grew up well before the advent of the cell phone, much less the smartphone. I do use it for the 2 simple games, time killers really, that I have installed. Of course some calls and mild texting, as well as occasionally looking something up. I also listen to music and podcasts. I'm not a heavy user so I could probably get 2 solid days of use. Again, I don't LIVE on it. When talking to people, I tend to focus on them, not my phone. Eye-to-eye contact and all that. That's something we've lost, and society is worse off for it. 


We need to get that personal interaction back. You need it for a society to function. We need to see each other as people. People who have differing opinions and beliefs, but still people. You lose that behind a screen. So put your phone down. Hang out with a friend a have a conversation. Read a book. Put the phone down. You might find that you like not being tethered to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weep for the World

Because they are EVIL.

The New Salem Witch Hunt(s)