What is it with Apple?

 I've been a full-fledged Apple fan not quite 'boi' for about 2 or 3 years now. It all started when my last Windows machine crashed epically. I was updating my all-in-one from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. Well, trying actually. The box that the computer came in said it was "Windows 10 ready". I had run Windows software to confirm that claim and, yep, it was Win 10 ready! I downloaded it with no issue. Then, at 74% install, it froze. I waited for an hour as I had a lot of experience with Windows and its update issues. Nothing. I reverted back to 7. I then updated all my drivers and re-ran the software and re-confirmed it was ready! Attempt number 2 resulted in the same thing. I reverted back again. I uninstalled any non-Windows bit of software on it. I cleaned up the hard drive and then ran a program to check the health of said drive. No problem. "Third time is a charm!" so they say. Boy, was it! When it reached 74% installed, it froze. Then, the blue screen of death. My computer guy said, "The hard drive is trashed." No kidding. My backup also failed and I lost EVERYTHING on that computer. NEVER AGAIN!!!


I was told by a friend to try a Mac from the refurbished section of Apple's website. So, I bought one. It was a 2-year-old late 2015 model. 8 gigs of ram and a 1 terabyte fusion drive. I set it up and never had an issue with it until earlier this year. It started slowing down. Not a lot, but a noticeable amount. The year I bought it was the same year I bought a 2017 iPad Pro. Man, that was sweet! 2 years later, I bought an iPhone and sold my Note 9. Now, I have everything Apple. I love it. They work. They just work. The updates are seamless, and the Apple Ecosphere is amazing! I'll NEVER return to Windows. Microsoft can go pound sand. As far as Android is concerned, I liked it. I think that adjustment was the hardest for me and the iPhone was the last thing I switched to. 


The thing I HATED about Samsung, whose phones I used almost exclusively with the exception being a couple of BlackBerry's, was their update process. A new update for Android would come out and I'd have to wait for it a few extra months. Why? So Samsung could make sure it played nice with Sammy's software. Then there's the issue of version updates. The majority of Android phones get updates for 3 years. That in itself isn't a huge problem as most people keep their phones for 1-2 years. Still, if you really like your Android phone, the best you can do is security updates for a year or maybe two after that. Anyway, I liked Android, so switching to iOS was not an easy decision.


Now, I really like my iPhone. Sure, there are things Android has that iOS may never get. That's fine. Apple's products just work. Updates are seamless and their products are supported for 5-6 years! Many iPhone users keep their phones for 4 years or more. I used to update nearly every year. Not this year. I have the 12 Pro Max and it's fantastic! The 13 has some nice features and the cameras are getting an upgrade, but it's not a big enough jump to justify upgrading. Besides, it works. Personally, I think much of the arguments between which is better is the American past-time; "Mine is better than yours!" Use what's best for you. Find one with the features you're looking for at the price range you're budget allows and go for it!


Ramble Ends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weep for the World

Because they are EVIL.

The New Salem Witch Hunt(s)